Choose Garage Door Repair That‘s a Real Fix – Monterey & San Jose, CA
Aaron Overhead Doors provides a variety of garage door repair services in both the Monterey, CA and San Jose, CA areas. We offer prompt service and quality repair to get your garage door fixed quickly.
FAMILY OWNED & OPERATED SINCE 1968
A broken spring it’s pretty obvious. While in your garage with the door closed, you will be able to see a spring with a 3 to 5 inch break in it. You will also notice that when activating the opener, the door will not open. You might also hear a bang when it breaks.
Garage door torsion springs hold a lot of torque so please do not attempt to touch them. Keep clear and call us. We can also help you get your car out of the garage in most cases.
We are a certified Amarr & Liftmaster dealer. Garage door openers usually last 8+ years depending on the brand. We can service your current garage door opener or offer new ones. We can work on all garage door openers, however, in some cases the cost of repair can be close to the cost of a new garage door opener. Either way, we can diagnose your opener and give you options and prices so you can make an informed decision.
We service and repair all types of garage doors, including but not limited to residential glass, wood, and steel garage doors. No matter if it is a garage door off track or a broken spring or opener, we can get there quickly and repair it correctly.
Do you have a section in your garage that is broken or dented? We can replace that section only and save on replacing the entire garage door. This is an option on sectional garage doors.
My Garage Won’t Open
This is usually one of three things:
1) Broken spring
2) Garage door opener needs repair or to be replaced
3) Broken cable
My Garage Won’t Close
We can diagnose your door quickly and offer you options. If you garage door won’t close it’s most likely the safety eyes. This can be a quick fix or a difficult fix. In some cases the safety eyes need to be moved or replaced. Neither option is very expensive and typically a quick job.
Get Garage Door Repair Today
In San Jose, CA, call us at 408-684-6791; in Monterey, CA call 831-290-1765.
When you are stuck with a broken garage door that won’t open, usually one of three things has happened:
- Broken Spring – The torsion springs are a pair of tightly wound coils located above your door. The tension is what allows your door to open and close. When the spring is stretched or broken, your garage door cannot open.
- Malfunctioning Opener – This could be a simple fix of changing the battery in your keypad or remote, or it could be something more involved, such as interference from another radio source blocking your signal.
- Broken Cable – Lift cables work to hold the spring tension that counterbalances the weight of the door, making it difficult to lift the door. Over time the cable may become worn from use or deteriorate from moisture and snap.
Aaron Overhead Doors can help your garage door open and start functioning again. We offer repair services for all major brands of garage door openers with the expertise that comes with over 45 years in the business. Contact us online for a free consultation today.
If your garage door opens normally but will not close, chances are the photo eye mechanism is out of alignment.
- At the bottom of the door, there are two tiny sensors that transmit an invisible beam between them to detect if anything is in the door’s path.
- If something triggers the beam, the door will not close for safety reasons.
- When the photo eyes are dirty or misaligned it will cause the doors to stay open.
- In most cases the safety eyes will need to be moved or replaced, a quick and inexpensive fix.
At Aaron Overhead Doors we can diagnose your door quickly and offer you options. Contact us today for an appointment or with any questions.